Saturday, January 3, 2009

Eph. 5:1-21

I've been burdened with this scripture lately. Along with Colossians 4:6 "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."
In Ephesians 5:1f We are told to be imitators of God as beloved children. We are to walk in love as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us. We are warned to not even have sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness named among us, as is proper among the saints. We are not to have anything to do with the unfruitfulness of darkness. Yet do we really take heed to these scriptures? Do we walk in the light as He is in the light? Do we walk in the Spirit? These are questions for us who are the saints or called out ones.
I say I've been burdened because of the seriousness of what the consequences are if we don't abide in the word. We are going to be held accountable for the things we do. Just because we are saved doesn't give us an out. No we will have an even stricter judgment because we know better. I sometimes joke with my children in a way that they openly say, but daddy isn't that lying? Man, what an eye opener. I know we don't lose our sense of humor as Christians, but we should be careful on how we joke with each other. This may seem a little harsh and yet do we understand the situation we get into. I teach my kids not to lie, steal etc. and yet in how I approach them in somethings I end up doing what I tell them not to do. That is not speech seasoned with salt. I praise God for showing me my continued need for the Saviour. It is the undying love of Christ that continues to show me where I still fail. In doing that I learn to become more like Christ. Yes I am a saint, but I still fall into old habits.
I really don't know a conclusion to this other than read Ephesians 5:1-21 for yourselves.

No comments: