Thursday, March 5, 2009

My wife school teacher and a missionary.

I just wanted to post a shout out to someone so beautiful inside and out that I feel like the most blessed man in the world for being able to call her my wife.
I won't mention her name for the sake of where she works, so I will just say my wife.
My wife is a public school teacher in a big city school with a big mixture of cultures and backgrounds.
My wife is a Christian who loves Jesus and believes what the bible says about Him.
My wife loves being a high school teacher as she felt since grade school her calling was to be in the public school systems to teach.
What makes her such a great teacher is not her love for the money or the notieriety.
What makes her such a great teacher is her love for the students. She really poors her life into them everyday.
Her Mission field.
She poors her heart out for them everyday. The kids she gets are a mixture of different backgrounds.
I love to here the stories she comes home to tell about the students. Some of the most hardened and hurt kids can come into her class and open up to her. They since the peace of Christ in her.
She has kids who live in shelters who come to her class in the mornings before the bell rings for their classes just to visit everyday.
These kids don't have a home to go to so they come to school early and hang out in my wifes class. They know there is a peace that surpasses all understanding that radiates from my wife.
I am not bragging on my wife, just on what the Lord is doing through her.
Year after year she has old students who have graduated from previous years who come to the school just to say hi. They thank her for being not only a good teacher, but someone who listened, who disciplined and who cared.
Kids she has to send out to the office or send to be suspended at times come back and apologize for making her angry. That is respect.
The frontlines are in our schools. Our teachers may be the only truly caring person some children may ever see.
She may be 5'4" and 97 lbs. but she gets the respect from some of the toughest students. They know when she gets mad that she means business, and as I said earlier most come back and apologize for making her have to get angry.
She shows the love of Christ to over 250 kids everyday. How many of us can say we can talk with that many people any given day.
That is the missionary part of her job. She doesn't have to go downtown or out of town to reach the lost. No, they are in her classroom every semester in every school year. And she shows them how a Christian should be by her actions.
Teaching high school kids is a gift. Especially in todays dangerous atmosphere.
I just want to shout out to all the teachers out there who truly see their job as a ministry.
I also want to shout out to all the teachers out there who just walk in the school for a pay check.
If you are a believer then you have an open ripe harvest in your care everyday, what are you doing about it?
I love my wife. For her to have put up with me for almost 19 years and then to teach 250 kids come home and be a mom to 4 of her own says a lot. A lot about the grace of God.
Thank you Jesus for my lovely bride!
Thank you Jesus for her mission field in the public schools.
Amen!!!

3 comments:

Steven O. said...

I just realized all of the misspellings in my post. I apologize for that. As I am a very strict person when it comes to presentation and spelling. It sort of gets under my skin.
Steven
I should have used these words: pour, sense instead of poor, since. Those are sticklers also.

nimayo said...

proverbs 18:22 surely the lords hand is upon you and your family

Steven O. said...

Nimayo,
That is a great scripture verse. I thank you for sharing it. And yes the Lord brought the right person into my life.
For her to have put up with me for almost 19 years and still going strong it had to be the Lord.