Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God's will for us sanctification and praise for Him.

I hear people quite a few times ask the question, what is God's will for my life?

Well, those are some good questions. Sometimes they go on not ever being answered, because most would not know what to say to that person. I can't help, but to think of what the scripture says in 1 Thessalonians 4:3. "For this is the will of God, your sanctification..."
He is sanctifying us all in order that we would abstain from the lusts of the flesh.

This past week the Lord has been reminding me that we are to be giving Him all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise.
Not some, but ALL!
In the same scripture in 1 Thessalonians 4:1-2 Paul says this, "Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you recieved from us how you ought to walk and to please God; for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus."
It is and has been in my heart to praise the Lord always. Even in the tough times I find myself coming out of everything praising God. He allows us to go through times of trouble in order to bring about His will. Sanctification. In turn then we should be praising Him.
Now granted I don't always pursue Him during the times of heaviness, but it doesn't take long for me to realize my mistake. How we handle situations brings either glory to God or brings heartache to Him.
He never promised a life filled with happiness throughout. Jesus said, there would be tribulations. Everything that happens is all for the glory of our Saviour and creator.
We are justified by faith, redeemed because of a glorious God who sent His only begotten Son to take on the punishment of our sins on the Cross. Then He rose again on the third day. He is seated at the right hand of the Father. Forever interceding for the saints. Why? For our sanctification and for His glory!
So that He can get all the glory. Our purpose in life is to give Him glory. We give Him glory by testifiying to others what He has done for us. We give Him glory by proclaiming the good news to the lost. We give Him glory by feeding and clothing the homeless, poor, sick and orphaned. We give Him glory! He gets all of the honor and praise. There is more to worshipping God than just going to a church and hearing a few songs, raising our hands with our eyes closed. It is more than hearing songs being sung by a "worship" leader. It is being a SERVANT! As Christ was a servant so we should be also. In all of this we are being sanctified and He is being praised.
The Lord is our King. He is our creator. He is the one who gives and takes away. Praise the Lord God Almighty. Lord of heaven and earth. Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him.
I love the Lord. I love to praise Him. I love to be His servant. All for the glory of our King.
I can't help, but be so passionate about the things of God. He is my all and all. He has taken me through fire, storms, car wrecks, being robbed at gun point, bullied as a child, losing friends who committed suicide, losing friends by drunk drivers, losing family members who were murdered, seeing people dead in the middle of the road after their truck turned over in front of me.
Then meeting the love of my life, having 4 wonderful children, living in a wonderful city, having wonderful christian friends, meeting new christian friends from all over the world via the internet. All for my sanctification and all for His glory. I can praise God through it all, because He is my refuge and peace.
Take time out of your day to reflect on what God has done in your life. Then Praise Him!

No comments: